Regular dental cleanings are vital for healthy teeth. During the cleaning, plaque and calculus (hardened plaque/tartar) are removed. These deposits are irritating to gums, and if not removed, will cause gum disease and gingivitis.
What can I expect for my first visit?
- Please arrive 15 min early to fill out paperwork, or bring it with you. New patient paperwork is available here.
- Usually new x-rays are needed if you have not had any within the last 6 months. If you had x-rays taken at another dentist recently, please ask to have your x-rays sent over to our office.
- New patients will have a perio analysis done. This is where your provider will measure your gums and check for any signs of oral disease.
- Cleaning, in which calculus and plaque deposits are removed
- A thorough exam of all teeth and oral tissues is performed after the cleaning by Dr. Wheaton.
- If treatment is necessary, you will be given a break down of your recommended treatment plan.
- Don’t forget your goodie bag!